Residential Heater Replacement
What To Expect During Installation
Heater Replacement usually takes a day to complete. We will explain the steps that will take place from start to finish. All trash associated with the job will be hauled away and dispose of properly, not left behind for you to deal with. After the heater installation is complete, a third party “duct tester” can verify that any duct leakage is within California Title 24 standards. This extra step insures that your new heating equipment works efficiently.
We understand it can be a bit disrupting having a construction crew in your home. Removing your old heater will require some drilling, hammering and probably some grunting. We strive to make this process as pleasant as possible for you. Prior to the installation date, we will discuss this process with you, and let you know if there are some things that need to be moved, or covered, prior to the installation.
TMC Heating & Cooling offers a “No Burn” Guarantee, and a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. This means the price you see on the estimate, is the price you pay. We are not going to come back to you in the middle of the installation process, to tell you we missed something, and that it is going to cost you more to finish the job. Plus, we make sure that you’re 100% satisfied with your new heater when we’re done! We also offer up to ten years parts and labor warrranties on new heating equipment installations.
Choosing The Right Heating Equipment
TMC Heating & Cooling is an authorized dealer for RUUD heating equipment. We will work with you to make sure we are getting the right equipment installed for your specific needs. We have to get this right, because we guarantee you will be satisfied with your new heater! Below are some details about Ruud heating systems.
Ruud Achiever Plus® Series Upflow/Horizontal Gas Furnace
Features / Benefits
- PlusOne™ Ignition System – DSI for reliability and longevity
- 80% residential Gas Furnace CSA certified
- Two-stage design primarily operates on low-speed to minimize cold spots, only temporarily switching to high during peak cold-weather conditions.
- PlusOne™ Water Management System will shut off your furnace when a drain is blocked, preventing water spillage and potential water damage to your home, and prevents seasonal start-up issues.
- Removable Heat exchanger for improved serviceability.
- Stainless steel construction for maximum corrosion resistance and reliability.
- Solid doors for quiet operation
- Insulated blower compartment provides quieter operation and prevents heat loss.
- Low profile cabinet is ideal for use in constrained spaces
- Blower shelf design is serviceable in verticle or horizontal installations
- Very low cabinet air leakage
- QR code provides quick access to product information from your smartphone or tablet
Tips on choosing the right company
When it’s time to replace your heating and air conditioning equipment, there are a few things you need to know in order to not get burned.
* Work with a licensed contractor with a good reputation.
* Get a complete analysis of what is needed, there’s more to it than replacing a couple pieces of equipment.
* Be sure you understand what the warranty covers and for how long. Many models of quality HVAC equipment will have a parts warranty for up 10 years. You may want to inquire if your contractor offers a warranty to cover labor costs.
* Work with a company that will help you with the paperwork involved such as rebate applications and required building permits.
Why choose TMC?
We respect you and your property. We plan ahead to minimize trips in and out of your home. We cover your floors, and wear shoe covers while working inside your home. And to many of our customer’s surprise, we clean up any mess that removing your old equipment and installing your HVAC equipment creates.
The industry norm may be to “cut corners” and put speed ahead of all else, to reduce labor costs. At TMC Heataing & Cooling, we believe we can do better than “the norm” for our customers. We believe in striving for perfection, even when it takes us a little more time.
We take the time to determine the specific heating and cooling needs of your home, and explain how we determined what equipment will suit your needs best. We also take the time to explain the installation process, so there are no surprises.
We double check connections, fittings, refrigerant level, and air flow before considering the job done. We do this because we know that the extra time we invest in double checking our work insures that your system will work better, and give you fewer problems down the road. This is why we can guarantee your satisfaction!
We also help you with all the paperwork like filing permits, submitting rebate forms, and, if required, completing warranty registration forms for you. We’re also there to make sure the inspections go smoothly.
Doing the job right takes not only training and experience, but also the desire to strive for perfection. That’s what you get when you choose TMC Heating & Cooling for your new HVAC System installation.
An old HVAC installation, with gas and electric feeds, and the drain tube added as an afterthought.
A new HVAC installation, with gas and electric feeds under the base to prevent roof leaks. And it looks better too!
Ruud Warranty Information
When you choose reliable Ruud products for your home heating and cooling needs, you don’t just get industry-leading products – you also get dependable warranty coverage to protect your family’s investment.
The terms and coverage details of your warranty are specific to the Ruud product models you own. Typically, Ruud products, if registered within 90 days, come with a 10-year standard parts limited warranty*. Depending on your model, certain components within the system may have different standard warranty periods.
TMC Heating & Cooling also offers optional labor warranties to further protect your investment. Even with the standard parts warranty, repair labor bills can range from $100 to $1000 or more.
To learn the exact details of your warranty, refer to the product documentation that came with your product. If your model is listed on our website (ruud.com), the documentation may be available for download. Or, if you are unable to find your documentation, you can always contact TMC Heating & Cooling for assistance in determining your warranty coverage.
At the time of purchase, you may also have also been offered additional warranty coverage by TMC Heating & Cooling, but not underwritten by Ruud. If you have additional coverage through TMC Heating & Cooling, please contact us directly for assistance with the warranty.
*For complete details of the Limited and Conditional Warranties, including applicable terms and conditions, contact TMC Heating & Cooling, or Ruud, for a copy of the product warranty certificate.
TMC Heating & Cooling has a variety of thermostats to give you as much control over your heating and cooling system you like. From a basic thermostat to a touch screen Wi-Fi enabled thermostat. A new thermostat can give you better control over your Heating and A/C, and possibly save you money! Ask us about what a new thermostat can do for you.